Toshiba Industrial Products and Systems Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "TIPS"), in accordance with the following Basic Policy, engages in business activities that contribute to society, while endeavoring to earn the trust of all customers.
- TIPS strictly observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations.
- TIPS has established a management framework to protect personal data assigning a person in charge at each of its relevant divisions and ensures that all officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program and comply with it.
- TIPS utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers. TIPS does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal data was obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- While maintaining the accuracy and up-to-dateness of personal data, TIPS strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data and continually enhances and remediates information security management.
- TIPS responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
Intended Use of Personal Data
When TIPS obtains personal data from customers on each products and services, TIPS clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used. TIPS uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, TIPS notifies the customer to that effect and obtains the customer's consent before using the information for such purpose.
TIPS intends to use personal data of customers and other individuals for the following purposes:
- Personal Data of Customers
- 1) Shipment of products
- 2) Sending information about products, services or events
- 3) Provision of product support or maintenance
- 4) Responses to inquiries
- 5) Issuance of warranty cards and provision of after-sales service under warranty
- 6) Provision of membership services
- 7) Product development, conduct of questionnaire surveys, implementation of product and service monitoring programs
- 8) Execution of contracts
- 9) Business negotiations or meetings with customers
- Personal Data of Government Office Workers and Civil Servants
- 1) Communication with, reporting to, inquiries addressed to or other contact with competent governmental authorities required for the execution of business
- Personal Data of Employees of Business Partners and Other Companies
- 1) Communication, discussion, and other contact required for the execution of business
- 2) Business partners' data management and processing of payments and receipts by TIPS
- Personal Data of Applicants for Employment at TIPS
- 1) Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for employment (including internships)
- 2) Management of employment-related data at TIPS
Provision of Personal Data
TIPS does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases:
- 1) When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure
- 2) When complying with laws and regulations
- 3) When TIPS consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- 4) When another entity succeeds to the business of TIPS due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
- 5) When it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately dealt with by a TIPS affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor on the basis of consent of the customer.
Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
TIPS complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by TIPS :
- 1) Request for disclosure
- 2) Request for notification of the intended purpose
- 3) Request for correction, addition, or deletion
- 4) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties
With respect to the request above, TIPS may request personal confirmation to you in order to avoid a leakage of personal information to others. Please note that there is a fee charged for requests for disclosure and requests for notification of the intended use by documents. For details, please contact TIPS (email@example.com).
- 1) Please note that some services provided by TIPS (including services offered on websites operated by TIPS) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- 2) When children under 16 years provide their personal data to TIPS, they should provide them only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- 4) Toshiba disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers' personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked from Toshiba websites.
- 5) In case TIPS receives personal data from customers, the website uses encryption technology such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and the personal data of customers is protected. It may not be possible to access the page from browsers that do not support SSL or other technologies.
Revised: April 1, 2005